Community Fund Group
Victory recognises its role as a major landlord within the community and has set up a grant fund to support activities that have a positive impact on residents within Victory’s area of operation. The Community Fund Group ensures that residents are at the heart of the decision making about how the fund is spent.
- The group is resident led and makes decisions about awarding grants within the community
- Administered by Norfolk Community Foundation
- Open for applications twice a year, closing in September and March
- £35,000 of grant funding awarded each year
Key responsibilities of the Community Fund Group
The Community Fund Group:
- Can agree grants of up to £5,000.
- Will consider applications from charities, voluntary and community groups as well as parish and town councils working in the area where Victory Housing Trust operates.
- Ensure preference is given to projects involving or benefiting the residents of Victory Housing Trust.
- The Community Fund Group can consider applications for a variety of costs including capital costs, venue hire, equipment, promotional costs, start up expenses, running costs and training.
Composition and Size
The Community Fund Group will be made up of:
- A minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 resident members, with no more than 1 leaseholder. At least 1 of these resident members will be a RP member
- A member of staff will attend meetings to offer information and guidance as appropriate
- A representative from Norfolk Community Foundation will have an advisory role
- Decisions will be taken only by resident members.
If you would like to find out more please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.