Our repairs and maintenance contractors have changed from Jeakins Weir to our own in-house specialists, RFT and Gasway. They’re here to make sure your home is safe, secure and well maintained.

Reporting a new repair

We want our staff and customers to feel safe and comfortable when we carry out repairs during Covid-19. This means we’re providing a limited repairs service, prioritising emergency and compliance work, along with any external work where we can. Unfortunately, this has created a significant backlog and we’re unable to schedule any new routine repairs or reports at this time. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

To report a new repair call: 0330 123 1860

If you can smell gas, call Cadent immediately on 0800 111 999

To report gas/heating repairs please click below

Pre-existing repairs

If you have a pre-existing repair, you don’t need to get in touch with us – RFT will contact you. However, if that repair becomes urgent and poses a risk to any household members or your home, do let us know and it will be marked as a priority.

Your repair responsibilities

Our repairs service carries out thousands of repairs every year. However, not all repairs are our responsibility. 

You are responsible for any damaged caused by you, your family or visitors. Everything listed in these tables is the tenant's responsibility. Please check these carefully before reporting a repair to us.

You should not ask us to carry out work that is your responsibility, and you will be charged for any work done as a result.

If you are unsure about the list below please contact us.

Inside the home

Anything that belongs to you - You should have Contents Insurance in place to cover your belongings

Bathroom fittings - Toilet seats, cabinet mirrors, towel rails, shower curtains, toilet roll holders, chains and plugs 

Blocked pipes - To sinks, baths and toilets

Door adjustments - For example, to accommodate carpets

Doorbells - Fitting or replacing, including batteries

Extra locks, catches or security devices - Including spyhole viewers, safety chains, burglar alarms, etc

Fixtures and fittings - Such as coat hooks, curtain poles, etc

Floor coverings - Except vinyl flooring in kitchens or bathrooms 

Gas appliances - Cookers, gas fires, etc owned by you

Keys - Including extra keys or repairs if you are locked out

Pest infestation - Such as ants, wasps, rats or fleas

Outside the home

Drains and blockages - If they are caused by you

Fences - Between properties

Garages and sheds - Unless they are communal 

Gardens, including trees and hedges - Communal gardens and tree safety work is our responsibility

Gates - Within the boundary of your home

Paths and patios - if you installed them 

Washing lines - Except communal washing lines 

Services and utilities

Domestic appliances - Such as cookers, fridges, washing machines and dishwashers

Fuse box/consumer unit - Resetting the trip switch only. Please report any other problems to us. 

Heating controls - Re-setting timers, setting thermostatic radiator valves and bleeding radiators

Light fittings - Including light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, starters and low energy bulbs

Plugs and fuses - Attached to appliances you own

Telephone - Including wiring and sockets

TV aerials and sockets - Including satellite receivers and equipment, we are responsible for communal TV aerials 

Planned Home Improvements

Some major repairs and maintenance works are carried out as part of a planned programme. This means we can carry out work on a group of properties at the same time, saving time and money. Such work includes kitchen and bathroom upgrades, roof replacements and central heating installations and upgrades.

We will always give you plenty of notice of this kind of work on your home, and we’ll do our best to fit in with any special circumstances that you may have.

When we carry out the work, your belongings will be protected and your home will be left as clean and tidy as possible at the end of each working day.

Living Independently

If you, or a member of your household, is permanently and substantially disabled you may be able to get equipment or have your home adapted. An assessment would have to be undertaken by Norfolk County Council (the Social Services authority) and a recommendation made.

In order to be assessed you need to contact one of the following;

If you (or the disabled household member) have an on-going condition and have been assessed recently by an Occupational Therapist you should contact this person in the first instance.

If you (or the disabled household member) have complex needs and need an assessment for help with personal care as well as equipment or adaptations you should contact the County Council on 0344 800 8020.

If you think that equipment will meet your (or the disabled household member’s) needs you should contact the County Council on 0344 800 8020.

If you think that your home needs to be adapted and there are no other needs that require an assessment you should contact the Integrated Housing Adaptations Team based at North Norfolk District Council on 01263 516060 unless the adaptation is for a disabled child in which case you should contact the County Council on 0344 800 8020.

Victory Housing Trust will help you to identify who you need to contact to get an assessment and will provide support to access appropriate services to meet your needs. We are also able to provide you with minor adaptations to your home, for example, fitting grab rails.